Friday, October 10, 2008

Tagged

Well I am not so good at this "tag" thing in the blog world, but I will try. I am suppose to tell you 6 quirks of mine:
TIME
1. I can't stand being late. I am the type person who sets a standard for myself and I need to do it, and that's being on time. I don't care about others being late to church or events, it's just about myself. I feel like if I am late, I am being disrespectful to "whoever" has put together the activity, and I feel rude. On Sunday mornings when we are driving to church and we are borderline on time or not, I start accusing Travis of purposefully driving slow to get me mad. (He probably is just driving along trying to feel the spirit) He ends up laughing at me, and tells me "he thinks I have and OCD problem with being punctual".
FOOD
2. I have mental issues with food. I have never liked fish. The taste, smell, look, touch, nothing. Because of this I have convinced myself to never eat anything that swims under water.

3. OK all you hunters out there are totally going to roll your eyes at this one. I will not eat "game" meat. If it's not a normal item you can purchase in the grocery store, then I have no desire to eat it. Even if it tasted delicious, I have no interests to have a dinner plate full of gamy food. Now I know your saying, "well what if your dying", then I must say that would be the only way. In the past when I have been put on the spot to eat it, it ends up in tears. I know, completely mental.

4. I can't eat or drink after my kids. Travis can, but if I want something they didn't finish, I have to rip off where they bit first.
SLEEP
5. I have to have something between my knees when I sleep. Whether it be a pillow, or some of the blanket bunched up. I don't like the feeling of them touching.

6. If I know someone is awake in the house when I am going to bed, then I have to have the door totally shut, or I can't fall asleep in fear that I will be awakened by any noise.

OK now I am embarrassed you guys know all this dirt on me, how ironic it's mainly about food and sleep. Travis always says, I am happiest when good food enters the room. So I guess I have to tag 6 people: Kristen, Amye, Jenna, Liz, Jande, Jen

11 comments:

Karin said...

I am right there with you on #4 and #5. :) (I also love chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips....)

Kristen said...

Ok I will try and do it but I have to make comments on yours first. Remember how it took you forever to realize tun fish was fish not chicken. Also remember when Travis and Brandon tricked us into eating moose burgers and didn't tell us until after we ate them. I new something was up, but I didn't want to be rude.

Brian and Jennifer said...

Oh, you didn't. It's fun to read other people's, but I'll try to come up with some things of myself. I'm not good at this sort of thing. I'm with you on some of yours.

The McGary's said...

Those were great I love finding things out like that about other people it makes me not feel so weird:) I'll try my best to do it I have the hardest time coming up with these things, maybe I will have Chad help me:)

Unknown said...

I went through your list and was surprised to find that I actually knew everything except the sleeping and eating after your kids. However, none of those things are very weird. I believe you are normal.

Amye Kay said...

I am the WORST at doing Tags, but I will try for you! I KNEW fish would be on there...after all the Brown Family Fish Frys my dad would cook on the weekends, they still do that too. Loved Kristen's responses to your tag, they are so my carzy quirks too.

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Hey, I am like you in a few of those areas, the on time thing and with the fish,I hate tuna and used to hate all fish until Jim and I started eating sushi, now I still hate tuna but love sushi,weird huh!

family said...

Hey! I saw your blog on Ambers and had to sneak a peak. How cute! I love all the pictures and reading about you... that was fun to get to know you more! You have a beautiful family!

Jody said...

Kevin actually does drive extra slow on the way to church and I know it's to bug me. The guy speeds everywhere else he goes but turns into a grandma driver when we go to church. I also HATE being late.
I love the pictures at the pumpkin patch. The kids are so cute and you are looking GREAT! I have to admit that I was a little disappointed to see Travis just sitting there for the picture - boring... How about some splits or something? That's more his style. Or maybe he could "frame it". Or "double stuff it". :)

Miss you guys!!

Brooke and Tami said...

What's funny is I have a lot of the same quirks or similar. I hate being late too! I can't sleep without a blanket no matter how hot it gets. If my kids even touch the food on my plate then I won't eat it because of germs. Your not the only one with OCD. lol

Unknown said...

Mer I found a blog that is so you. I must warn you it is addictive though and can be initially a bit time consuming. It is mysuperhopelessromance.blogspot.com You have to start at the first post and work your way up to date but I just found it a few days ago and am hooked.