Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mr. Sneaky

So all day yesterday Drew was walking around like this. The first time I saw him do this I asked him if he needed to go potty, and he says "No mommy, I am just going to watch a show." Then I realized he had candy in his pocket, and was trying to hide it. I thought I can either bust him right now, or I can let him think he pulled one over on me. So I just had to smile and say "OK" and walk away. It's so funny that his little mind is already trying to be sneaky. I let him get away with it for a couple of times because I found it so humorous, but I guess I better get responsible before I raise a child that thinks stealing is cute!

11 comments:

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

our brothers all thought stealing was cute until they were 15 years old. And I bet mom never let a few go by. She probably always taught us a gospel lesson with it

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

That is great Meredith! His face is priceless, It looks like I gotta go potty face LOL. My little Mia is a sneaky one too, oh the joys of raising kids.

Danielle said...

He is too cute! How could you get upset at that face??

I just tagged you, check out my blog for details.

Salisbury's said...

What a sneaky but cute boy!

folsom3rdRS said...

The best part is they think they are getting away with it.

Amber Horspool said...

Sheesh Meredith, what are you teaching those kids?! J/K!
Drew cracks me up! He's so cute:)

Rachel Gilsen said...

Bailee already tries to sneak things too. And when I catch her she eats it as fast as she can and clamps her jaw shut so I can't take it out of her mouth! Yes, she is gonna be a fun 2 year old!

Amye Kay said...

My kids think they can fool anyone, it is fun to watch them try. Wow an earthquake! We haven't had a big one for about 7 years now. There are some major faults running up here too, in WA, which probably back in the day helped to create all our volcanos. I think we are just as poised as you guys for quakes...and I thought I was safe when I left CA.

Kristen said...

That sneaky little bugger, but he certainly is cute. You are going to have your hands full. I hear keeping a sense of humor about it (like you did)makes it easier.

The McGary's said...

That is so cute. Kyla is always "trying" to sneak candy. She is my sweet tooth little girl. Drew is growing up so fast he should still be a little chubba in my eyes. I guess we need to see you more often.

Karin said...

Sounds like something that would happen at our house!!! You are a great mom, Mer!