Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall Time

The kids up in Oak Glen, at the pumpkin patch (notice Luke pouting).
The Boys
The Girls
We had such a fun day on Monday. We drove up to Oak Glen which is a quaint mountain town about 10 min. away from our house. I love it because it has the seasons! The leaves change and it even gets snow in the winter, which is so crazy because we don't get snow and we live so close (once in a blue moon if we get a snowflake fall, it is instantly breaking news). So we took the day and went to pick apples, see pumpkins, and enjoy the nature we have in our own backyard. To top it off we went out to lunch and got a yummy carmel apple! Just spending the day as a family was such a great memory.

11 comments:

Rachel Gilsen said...

Fun! We need to go soon before all of the good pumpkins are gone. We went too late in the month last year. Kamryn (sp) is getting so big!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Hey looks very festive! Where in Oak Glen? We are going to the patch off the freeway tomorrow. I LOVE! this time of year. You guys look adorble in the pics!

Kristen said...

Looks like so much fun. I love fall, my favorite time of the year and never long enough here in Utah. By the way Gracy came up to the computer while I was looking at your entry and she saw the girl picture and said "Araceli." I keep telling her your name but it's not sticking.

The Jackson's said...

Your pumpkin patch visit was much better then ours. Good to see your family and catch up. Also good to know someone who sells modbe. I bought a swimsuit last summer and love it! I had to search all over to find a rep to sell me one.

The McGary's said...

what a fun little trip. Your family is just so beautiful!!

Daylemarie said...

Mer... I know you will think it is wierd that I am block staulking your family but when I saw that you took your kids to Oak Glen I was so jealous! I grew up in that place and it still my best memories, your kids will remember it forever! Plus I just want to tell you how cute you all are! I remeber your wedding and I can't believe how fast time grows us all up!

Salisbury Family Blog said...

Daylemarie--your never a blog stocker, it was good to hear from you. Hey you can always come down for a visit and take your kids to Oak Glen too.

Jen Chesnut said...

You have such an adorable family. I love "catching up" on you thru your blog!

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

A mountain meredith? Come on. More like the hills. Looks like fun.

Brooke and Tami said...

Mere...you are such a hot mama! You look amazing! I hope I can look that good after having five kids.

Jen and Brandon said...

Mer,
Love the pictures of the kids and the pumpkins. So nice that you get seasons, ours went from summer to winter in about 2 weeks.