Saturday, August 27, 2011

California Dream'in

Travis and I got to slip away for 2 nights.  We did a kid swap with Clint & Paige, so we could each get away for 2 nights.  We took our trip to Laguna Niguel, CA.  Travis found a screaming deal to stay at the Ritz Carlton.  It has one of the most beautiful properties as you can see from these pictures.  We shopped, walked around beaches, and ate some awesome food!
The resort is above on the bluff.
This was a huge grassy area right above Salt Creek Beach.  One of my favorite spots. We could have sat there for hours!
I loved the detail this place had.  My favorite was the "Do Not Disturb Sign", I thought it was so cute that I had to take a picture.  Travis also told them it was my birthday so they brought me strawberry's and chocolate!

This was Travis up in the workout room.  Can you believe this view?  We did the elliptical and watched all the surfers wipe out.
Our view while eating breakfast.  The food was to die for!

We went on a run each morning and this was some of the scenery.....


Some Dolphins getting close to shore, they were really playful.
A Bishop's work is never through.

We mainly went around and explored beaches....this was so beautiful that we had to get a shot.  It was Alisa Viejo Beach.
Enjoying a sunset on the bluff.......it was so breathtaking.

Love you Trav!

3 comments:

The McGary's said...

BEAUTIFUL! My goodness I have only seen those pretty of places in pictures and sadly I guess I still have only seen them in pictures but because you were there it makes me think it is more real :) Glad you guys got away and that your birthday was so great!

Amye Kay said...

Your birthday looked FAB! You looked so busy that day, I guess that is why we never got to touch base. We will do that soon. Love the kids school pics, they are growing fast. See you soon.

Kristen said...

Great pictures. Nothing is better than a little getaway with the hubby. Made me think Dave and I need to get away.