Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Viva Mexico!


Warning: Major pictures!! Travis and I took a trip to Playa Del Carmen Mexico. The trip was amazing, and the hotel was incredible. I would get misted down pool side, brought mango virgin dachery's, and called "My lady" all day! It had about 6 restaurant's to roam between and we STUFFED ourselves. We went for six nights with our BYU vacation buddies!
On our bus ride into the ruins Tulum. I love this place. It is rich with gospel history. It had temples, baptismal fonts, and pictures of the "laying on of hands" for healing:


Snorkeling at a lagoon after Tulum. Not to clear, but refreshing.
Me, Kristi Williams, Britani Quigley
Me & Travis

All the beach side beds.

Cutie

This is our boat ride going out to snorkel in Cozumel. The water was unbelievably blue! We swam with a tour guide for 3 miles in the ocean. We saw 4 sharks, 1 sting ray, 3 turtles, and tons of baracudas. Travis was good staying by my side till the first shark sighting...he took off, not swimming away from the shark, but chasing it. It was a day we will never forget.
Cozumel water
Lunch on the beach in Cozumel after our snorkel trip. Our tour guide Said is in back.
Enjoying the ride back from snorkeling!

Playa Del Carmen Beach:
Me & Travis
Guess who?? Mr. Flexible. He and Jason decided to take on the resorts yoga instructor. The other instructor stopped just to stare at Travis.
Our dress up night
Britani, Meredith, and Kristi
Getting ready to Zipline

Travis Ziplining
Travis rapelling (I did these too, but we don't have all the pictures yet)

Snorkeling in a cave

Walking down 5th Avenue.
This street was lined with Mexican Markets. Torwards the last day, when my tan had set in, I was in one of the shops. I hear a voice behind me ask " Are your prices in pesos or dollars?" It was funny, it must be the new dark hair.
Thanks Travis for taking me to see and appreciate new parts of the world. We love you Quigley's and Williams. We loved our trip, but we were ready to come home to 5 little tight hugs, 5 dirty faces, and lots of love!

12 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Oh sooooo fun! I think Jim and I will have to go there some time! I love the yoga picture. CRAZY!

family said...

Oh man! Those pictures are great and it looks like you had a blast! You both soooo deserved it! Thanks for sharing the pictures! FUN!

Amye Kay said...

Great pics Mere! So fun!

Karin said...

So glad you had a great time!! Looks so fun! Next time we want to come with you!!! :) Looking forward to next week. Love & hugs!

The McGary's said...

Okay that yoga picture was HILARIOUS! I would've died laughing. All the pics are so great, it looks like such a good time. Your skin color does make me just a tad bit jealous even your WHITE is darker than my dream tan. See you next week. Tell Drew he gets to meet Kyla soon (he had to look at her picture everyday on my phone).

Brian and Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun get away. I think I'm ready for one of those. You and Travis look so good. He's lost quite a bit of weight since I've seen him last. What's his secret? And you? Well you're always so skinny. And the whole part about Travis chasing the sharks doesn't surprise me one bit, nor does the yoga picture. LOVE IT! You're brave. I'm afraid after seeing one shark I would have said I'm done. Can't wait to see you next week.

Tami said...

Holy yoga pose Travis!!! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Amber Horspool said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. (looks better than great!) The snorkel pics made me anxious to go again:)

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

I'm so jealous. We really need to plan a trip with the siblings, just couples. Maybe in 2010 or 11. You both look really good. Travis looks like pre mission.

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun. One day I want to get to Mexico.

Kristi said...

I finally did my post about our dream vacation. We need the rest of the pics!! Oh how I loved that trip.

mama sista said...

I LOVE the yoga pose!! I am still laughing and I can't wait to show Kevin. He's going to be so mad that Travis stole one of his signature moves. :)

It looks so fun - I'm jealous! And you look great, as always.

Jody
(We're at Kev's sister's house in Oregon, so I'm using her computer)