Sunday, July 12, 2009

We Love WA!

We flew to WA for 11 days and had such a great time being with Travis family. Flying with all the kids was quite a scene. We had 14 articles of luggage we were trying to keep track of! While Travis was pushing the cart stacked with luggage and 3 carseats ( I couldn't even see him and he is 6'1), the whole thing toppled over in the middle of the road at the airport. Mercy! All the kids were good except for Kamryn. She was naughty flying there and even WORSE flying home. She screamed for an hour straight! I even resorted to letting her eat chapstick to keep her quiet....but it was all worth it. We played on the farm, went swimming, had a baptism, went to the temple, roasted marshmellows, and had late nights full of lots of laughter. I feel so blessed to be a part of this awesome group. This is Travis and his 11 brothers and sisters!
My sister-n-laws (4 out of the 8 are expecting). I love these girls!
The brother-n-laws.
Posing for our own family pictures.
I love this picture.....

It says TAS "hearts" MJB. Travis secretly carved this in a cement block on his farm in the middle of a corn field back in the summer of 1995 before his mission. I am glad it came true.
Kennedy being tossed!
Boogie Boarding at a water park.
Brynn and her cousin Rachel share a birthday. Brynn--10yrs and Rachel--8yrs.
Sibling horse-play
Rachel, Travis, Luke, and Kennedy tubing.
Meredith and Drew tubing
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!

Our family went to visit Travis's baby sister Rochelle who only lived for 28 hours due to a heart condition, back in 1991. Kamryn's middle name is after her.
Temple night at the Columbia River Temple
Visiting Multnomah Falls in OR

I loved watching my kids play on the farm and roam all day without even knowing where they were. I already can't wait to go back! Once we got home safe and sound around 7pm, 5 hours later the FLU HIT!!! Hey at least I didn't have 5 kids throwing up on the plane, I would have packed my own parachute and made a jump! Now back to real life...........

15 comments:

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

So fun! I really want to go to WA. It looks just beautiful! Jim has a sister there, so maybe some time soon. Glad you guys had a great holiday!

Amye Kay said...

Mere it looks like you had a successful trip! I love big family get togethers...it is turely the best part of life. Some people will never experience what we have. You can tell by the pictures there is something special! I thought of you this last week and how you weren't too far away. We gotta make it happen so we can reconnect. I am thinking it will have to be a "girl" thing somewhere, that we fly to just be us....

Kristen said...

Great pictures. Looks like you guys had a really fun time. I thought of you last week flying with all your kids. I leave Wed with my crew, wish me luck.

Tami said...

Wow! You guys know how to have a good time!!! I love the one of Kennedy being tossed in the air... looks like it took a big group to accomplish that!

Leticia said...

Hi Meredith...
I love this!!
How fun!!!
Love all you guys in your cute yellow.,.in the cornfields!!!
Seriously...
Where did you find your cute yellow shirt and shorts...( I am havin a hard time finding cute shorts and tops...are they from Modbe...??) Love the girls shirt s too...!!!
Got the memo on the Modbe... Sent it to Liana...Thanks!!!

Josh and Jaime said...

What a fun trip! I love big families and get togethers. I love your family pics.

The McGary's said...

I have to say it was a great time. I am so sorry to hear you got hit with the flu! We have missed it so far. I was worried about it when Hunter was fevering but I checked his mouth the other day and he is getting all 4 two year molars so I am blaming it on that! Hope you are all better soon.

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

Ask Travis how many other cement blocks he has carved with girls' initals and hearts? Get tested for swine!

The Jackson's said...

I love that the luggage fell over. THat would so be a story I would tell. However, I probably would have been by myself. I can't believe Brynn is 10!

Karin said...

Meredith--we miss you guys already! What a great blog entry! So sorry you are dealing with the flu!!! Hugs and prayers! (My children are still talking about how cute Drew is!!!)

Charity said...

You guys are so great. The pictures show you had a great time, thanks for sharing them!! I laughed just imagining your 14 articles of luggage, 3 carseats and Travis. Im glad you guys had so much fun and are home safe!

An Epic Event said...

Your family is so sweet. Tell Drew that he needs to come and visit my Sunbeam class again soon. He is about the cutest thing ever!

Salisbury's said...

It was so fun!! We miss you guys already. We went and visited grandma and grandpa and the house seemed so empty! I love the pictures and can't wait to get a hold of the family pictures. What great memories we have! I think we have the FUNNIEST family around!

rosa said...

I LIKE YOUR PAGE, MY NAME IS ROSA I LIVE IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, I HOPE SOME DAY COME BACK TO MY CONTRY...SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD,I HAVE HI5 IS..http://rosa0571.hi5.com

Jen and Brandon said...

Mer, it was so good to see you guys up there. Sorry it was sooo insane when you stopped by. You were lucky to make it home before the flu hit. My two youngest puked the whole way home. I guess at least they weren't crying! Give our love to all!