Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a nice Thanksgiving, Travis's brother and family came up from San Diego. This was going to be our last visit because they are moving up to WA. They came and stayed for four days, and we had a nice time. We went to In and Out, ate, up to Oak Glen, ate, went on a double date, ate, hot tubbed, ate, and set up our Christmas tree, and ate. The kids play so well, and really had a fun time together. Shaun and Shay kids are angels, so after the observation, all I could hear were my kids whining, crying, fighting, and throwing tantrums! On our last night, Luke came in at 4am and was screaming/crying because he wasn't sleeping on the couch where dad promised to move him. What?! Is this really happening at 4am?! So after a rough night and a realization that my kids were stinks, I had a melt down right in front of my company. Totally crying in front of them---sorry Shaun and Shay....So for FHE that night Travis and I lined all the kids up and talked about the things each one did that week and what they need to change, even down to Drew calling me a "meanie". My sensitive Kennedy was sobbing in her hands, Luke was holding a strong face with tears in his eyes, and Brynn didn't cry till she heard (for punishment) there was NO FHE treat , then the flood gates opened. I think the talk really worked because they have been so pleasant and helpful these past couple of days---my sweet babes are back.....for now!

9 comments:

The Jackson's said...

Kids always have their day right. Although I think Camryn had one everyday lately. I got my sweater from old navy last year.

Josh and Jaime said...

I hope I can meet your kids someday Meredith. They all sound so wonderful, seriously. I dont know ANYbody with 5 kids who doesnt have a melt down once in a while. Ive had my fair share with one!

The McGary's said...

that's great, from my prospective! I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that FHE! I love that Brynn totally bawled when she found out there was no treat, that would've been me for sure.

Angie Penrose said...

Hey guys! How are ya? Amye sent me the link to your blog. So fun to see what you guys are up to. Hope you are doing well!

~Angie :)

Amye Kay said...

HA! That was hilarious! Thanks for calling me today. Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh, Mer you bring back the days when we had those FHE nights. I remember one of my friends mom's telling me how she used to cry all the time after church because the kids were so bad. After church she would line them up in the hallway and bring one kid in the room at a time. Each kid left with a spank on the butt. (She was a single mom while her husband was in the military.) We laughed so hard. I am sure it is anything but funny now but I bet you look back and crack up, including the kids. Your a great mom!

Brian and Jennifer said...

OH, that cracks me up. Just remember that kids usually behave better at someone else's house. At least mine do anyways. I've noticed they whine and cry the most in our own home. Go figure. You're kids are still adorable no matter how naughty they might be at times.

Kristen said...

That made me laugh. I hate it when you have company that you don't see often and your children act up. My kids did that just this last visit with Dave's parents. I didn't have a meltdown but my eyes got watery and I asked Dave's Mom what I was doing wronge. She said I would miss these days in the future.

Jody said...

I'm so glad to hear it! I love that we're not alone. We had an FHE with no treats like two weeks ago, for the same reason. You'd think we killed the family dog, the way they cried.
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Are you going to be in Utah for Christmas at all?