Friday, November 21, 2008

Brave Hot Day

This was a brave day at the doctors....for me! I actually took all five kids to get their flu shots at the same time. I knew I could be setting myself up for a major melt down, but I would rather come once than five separate times. I only got one person who said "Are these all ....are these all....are these all yours?" I just smiled and nodded. To my surprise we were in and out, without major incident. Although, Brynn started freaking out when it was time for the shot, yes--my oldest, so they found one flu nasal spray instead, and she got it! No not Kamryn, Luke, or anyone younger, my 9 year old. This is my same daughter who had to get Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) at the dentist to calm her down while getting sealants for her teeth---not a shot/cavity, sealants! Funny girl--- On our way back from the doctor, I was trying to get in the "Holiday" mood. I was taking the kids to Toys R Us to make a 'Santa' list. I turned on a radio station that just started playing Christmas music. Then I look up and see this! WHAT?! 90 degrees and we are entering into the Holiday season. That's just sick, wrong, and no fun---I love CA, but during Nov/Dec. I get pretty irritated with the warm weather. Setting up the Christmas tree is no fun as the A/C is blowing on you and all your ornaments. So to all my dear friends, enjoy your 'White Christmas'......

I wish I could: Drink hot chocolate and not get hot, wear my cute new Modbe scarf and not look out of place, have a reason to buy some Uggs, put on warm PJ's at night with thick socks, wear my long sleeves WITH a jacket, play Christmas music with it snowing!

12 comments:

Stjerne said...

I LOVE the pic with all your kids on the exam table. That is too cute.

Amye Kay said...

Oh that was a great post! I have to tell you though, Taylor (my almost 9 year old) was the exact same with the whole shot thing this year! He crawled behind the exam table and latched on. After pulling on his legs and looking like the weakest mom ever, I told the nurse, get on the floor, I will sit on him...and then he got his shot! What is it with the older kids. My 3 year old didn't even flinch. And yes, I will enjoy my winter weather a little extra for you...anytime you want to come visit, I will make you some sugar cookies...love you!

The McGary's said...

What a cute picture at the doctor. I can't believe it was 90 degrees there today. I am sitting here freezing right now and would maybe like a little bit of that. But you're right it would be a little wierd to set up the tree with the AC on.

The Browns said...

Kiss all of those brave grandchildren for us -- even Brynn!
Love Grandparents in China

Jen and Brandon said...

Mer, anytime you want to bring your family and wear thick pjs and socks and drink hot cocoa and go sledding, come on up. Plenty of cold weather for all, although we have had a mild november!

Salisbury's said...

You are brave for taking them all to the doctor, but it looks like they did great! It just doesn't seem like the Holiday season because it is so HOT! I think when we move back to Washington we are all going to freeze and wish we were in the warm CA sun!! We will miss you guys!

Brian and Jennifer said...

Great job kiddos. I have a couple kids that freak out too. Not a 9 year old, but let me tell you, I won't be surprised if they still do at that age. Warm weather and christmas would feel a little strange, even though I'm a pansy in the cold.

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

Um, I'm pretty sure you were probably the same way as brynn

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

All I can say us too cute and BRAVE with the kids and their shot! And with he weather... I totally agree! I haven't had any hot chocolate yet because it just doesn't make you feel all warm and tosty inside when it is so hot outside.Hopefullu a change will come soon. Thanks for the drive offer, but I am going to day to get my provisional until mine comes. Hey I have crossed over to the bad side HAHA

Trent said...

MeMe-I do anything for gas at the dentist office.

Jody said...

Okay - I'll feel bad for you during November and December, but you should feel bad for me from January through the first part of June. :)

Kristi said...

Here's an idea. Let's do a family swap for a few months each year. You come here and stay at our house Nov-Mar and we'll stay in luxury at your place! I despise the cold.