Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Coloring My Own Hair!

BEFORE

DURING! (scary)

FINAL RESULT

Well I have been tired of my "mousy" brown hair. A couple of months ago I went and got it professionally colored to be dark for the winter, but it faded so quickly (as you will see in the future family pix I will post). So I decided to try to be BRAVE, and consider doing it myself. I have never colored my own hair, but I was ready to liven it up a bit and give it a try! I am happy with the color, although it's a little edgy for me. When I see it in the mirror, I don't like it as much as I do in pictures, I think I just need to get used to it. I hope Travis likes it because I accidentally did a "permanent" color, rather than semi! Oops!

9 comments:

Brian and Jennifer said...

It's great! I love it! You're so beautiful! And so stinking skinny for having a baby less than a year ago. It's fun to be daring sometimes--when the results aren't disappointing! Have a Merry Christmas!

Josh and Jaime said...

I love it Meredith! You are beautiful :) Merry Christmas to you and your fam!

Amye Kay said...

It looks great! I need to just dye the whole head instead of high/low lighting.

The McGary's said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I love your hair, you are beautiful and could pull any color off! Unlike me I would look so gothic with anything too dark, the blessing of being albino:) Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

You are so brave! I have been trying to get up the nerve to do that very thing because I don't want to keep paying the high price at the salon. Everytime I go to buy the dye I chicken out. It looks so complex. I can't even decide what color let alone what kind to get. After pacing the isle for a half hour, I usually give up and go home and make an apointment. How did you know what to get? Did you give it to yourself or have someone help you?

Jen and Brandon said...

Mer, I love it you are sooo lucky to have the dark complexion to pull it off and look great doing it!

folsom3rdRS said...

I love your hair. I think it looks really cute. I am sure it does take some getting used to though.

Kristi said...

Wow I've never seen you so "edgy". Love it!!

Unknown said...

Milf