Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Time

I love Christmas time. I have such fond memories of setting up the tree, the count down calender with candy on it, and the old wooden manger set. I loved Christmas Eve night, then in the morning SANTA would leave all the presents unwrapped so it was an overwhelming, but amazing feeling to see all of our gifts at once. It's kind of weird being on the other side, the one creating these fond memories for my own kids. We actually set up the tree right after Thanksgiving, but I didn't think to post pictures till recently. I tried to be better at letting my kids take part in the decorating. My mom always let us do the decorating, so even when I saw like 7 red bulbs together in a bunch, I just quietly would move a few around. For the most part they did a pretty good job. Kamryn likes to sit and tug on each of the ornaments. Hopefully her "tug" will stay dainty and not bring down the tree.

6 comments:

Amye Kay said...

Beautiful tree, kids and house Mere!

The McGary's said...

Oh so fun! I love Christmas too. I am excited for it even more this year because Kyla will actually get into, hopefully:)

Danielle said...

Isn't is so fun?? I just love all the excitement from the kids! We were doing our tree last night and my mom was telling us how she would just let us kids decorate how we wanted and then the next day while we were at school she would move everything around to make it look nice. I thought that was a good reminder- now I just let them go to town and then I fix it when they're sleeping (since we're not at that school stage, yet!).

Josh and Jaime said...

Your family is so beautiful! Your oldest looks just like you. Hope your holidays are great!

Kristen said...

Your tree looks so good and I love the picture frames in it as well. Cute kids!

Leticia said...

What a fun tree!!!
I love that all the kids decorate!!!
I might have to "steal" some of your ideas for my tree...Like the pictures in the frames...Did you get your words from Tai Pan...????
Love them....
Your kids are so cute...
The nativity last night was adorable!!!