Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Shipp's are in the House

My dear friend Julie Shipp came down with her family for a visit this weekend. I met her on the first day of nursing school orientation and we have hit it off ever since. We had such a blast with them. Beach, BBQ, hot tubing, swimming till dark, hiking, double date, and desserts. I can't wait till they come back!
Kamryn and Austin

Me and Jules

Brynn, Kennedy, and Sophie

Beach exploring

Lily, Drew, Luke, and Tyler

The gang on a hike

Julie & Meredith
Julie is a special friend....she was with me through all the ups and downs of nursing school. We studied together EVERY NIGHT in the library together till closing. We would share a seat on the bus at 5 am that would take us to the hospital for our clinical. We went to Mexico together for a Pediatrics rotation. We took our RN boards together and thought we flunked together (both ended up passing). Got our first RN job together. We had missionaries out at the same time. Went on double dates together. We were there for each other when each got our Mr. Rights. Love ya Jules.

Double Date Night
Julie, Ryan & Travis, Meredith

4 comments:

The McGary's said...

So did she marry her missionary too??:) I get so jealous when i see all these people that get to come visit you guys! I swear next summer we are coming to CALIFORNIA!!

Amye Kay said...

How fun Meredith. It was so fun to see Julie again. She definitely made the perfect nursing buddy!

Mak Attack said...

Sniff, sniff. I think you know what I mean. Does Julie have a blog?

Jody said...

Seriously, Meredith. Gain a few pounds. It depresses me to look at your blog right now!!!!!