Friday, July 2, 2010

Morongo Fireworks

I was a little bummed seeing the July 4th was on Sunday this year. So we found a place that did fireworks the Friday before for free, so we jumped on the chance to see it. It was super windy and out in the desert towards Palms Springs. During the firework show I saw at least 4 fires start because of the dry desert conditions, all the fire trucks were busy driving from one fire to the next. It was one of the best firework shows I have seen, we had a great time celebrating our 4th a little early!
Waiting for the fireworks to start

Our faces tell it all in this shot. A firework just exploded really close to the ground, which started one of the bigger fires.
Kamryn not so sure about all the noise.

This is what the back round scene looked like by the time it ended. I guess that's what you get doing a firework show in the middle of the desert!

3 comments:

LaRose Crew said...

we had popcorn too

Jody said...

Whoa - I can't believe those fires in the background! Crazy! I love the pics - your kids are getting so big! We need to plan a get together soon, maybe after Krissy and I have our babies. Miss you guys!

The McGary's said...

Love the pic with all the "Wow" faces:)