Saturday, July 24, 2010

Beach Weekend with the Deckers

So one of my best friends from High School came to visit us. We always love it when the Deckers come to play. We hit the beach two days in a row. We had a great time and the kids all had a friend. The first beach day was perfect and filled with lots of boogie boarding.

Corona Del Mar Beach
Kristen & Meredith

Travis and Dave boogie boarding
Yes......Travis's arm is around Dave (they are on separate boards)

Kenzi, Kennedy, and Brynn

Kamryn & Emery

Luke, Camden, and Drew
Huntington Beach Bon Fire

The second day was a little more dramatic (I will keep it brief): The beach parking lot was full, so Kristen and I got dumped curbside off the highway with 10 kids and tons of beach equipment, baby Reese had the HUGEST blow out I have ever seen, the meet up location kept changing which meant we couldn't find Kristen/baby, lost Kamryn for awhile till the beach patrol truck came driving up with her sitting on his lap, Travis and I had a heated discussion on who lost Kamryn, the waves were huge and crazy, Kamryn screaming, wind blowing, cloudy, wearing sweatshirts, snack food sandy........Kristen said everything was little more "intense" at this beach!
I have to say after the drama settled and we went and hung out at the bon fire, it turned out to be such a great night.


There is something so special about having a friendship that has lasted this long. Can you believe we have known eachother for 20 years! I love having a friend who knew me as an individual, before I had kids and a husband. Who really knew who I was/am. Kristen, I feel so blessed to have had you in my life for this long. Thanks for hauling your family to Ca to spend some time with us!

Beach night!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Good Times!

Amye Kay said...

Definitely looked like GOOD TIMES! We just need to do it all together!