Thursday, June 3, 2010

Huntington Beach Get Away

Travis and I hired a babysitter so we could escape for two nights. It was so worth every penny! We lounged by the pool, went hot tubing, slept in, walked down the pier, watched the surfers, walked on the beach at sunset, went out to eat at yummy restaurants, went to the movies.......
Huntington Beach
Beach at sunset......

This is a really popular cupcake shop that recently opened up. There are only 5 open in the US right now. I LOVE cupcakes, so I was SOOO excited to try these. They were very good, but super $$. It cost $19 for 6 cupcakes, definitely a first and last splurge.

6 Sprinkle cupcakes

This was the balcony from our hotel room. You can't go wrong with a view of the beach. We love the HYATT in Huntington. It is such a great stay for the price........
I love getting away with Travis, it is one of my TOP favorite activities. I cherish these moments! Thank you for taking the time to make us a priority!

6 comments:

The McGary's said...

Ahh, to get away! Something to look forward to in the next 10 years! Looks like you had a great getaway.

Stephanie said...

How fun! we just bought a home in Huntington Beach and are moving in July 4th weekend. You'll have to come out to the beach and hang out this summer! :-)

Kristen said...

So fun. I am jealous. I read this blog to Dave so he might push us to go somewhere.

Jen Chesnut said...

Looks like fun Mere!!! Miss you guys.

family said...

What a great guy and what a cute couple! I'm so happy you had that time together...... FUN! Now we need to hang out! :0)

Julie said...

Looks like such a fun relaxing getaway. We need to hire out someone to watch the kids :) Vacations just aren't the same with kids. :)I've seen other people post about those cupcakes. Are they really yummy?