Friday, January 22, 2010

Snow Day! School Canceled!

We had been getting rain all week. Then Friday morning we woke up to this, about 6 inches of snow! It was such a fun surprise, Travis went and woke up all the kids (6:15am). It was an official "Snow Day", school got canceled! They all ran out in whatever we could piece together as a snow outfit (hoodies, material gloves, sneakers, fleece PJ bottoms, rain boots, etc.) We didn't have much to work with. The kids still had a great time. Too bad their material mittens were drenched after one snowball fight.
OUR NEIGHBORHOOD

A dream come true for the kids!



Travis's 6ft snow man, even topped off with an Indiana Jones Hat.
All the neighbors playing (Brynn is riding, and Kennedy is on the sled)
We love getting a taste of this every once in awhile, this stayed for two days. Then I realize after the kids have drenched three outfits in the snow within an hour, have dripped all over the house, and are crying because their hands sting, I am ready for it to melt and get sunny again.

7 comments:

Josh and Jaime said...

I could handle snow if it was like that. Not too often and everything gets cancelled so you dont have to drive in it but can stay home and have fun, then its gone. Im glad your kids had fun in it though. It is fun, just in moderation =) Cute pics!

The McGary's said...

That is how I would enjoy snow. Have it once for a couple days so I can get me fix and then back to sunny. Unfortunately for us it doesn't work that way. We don't always have lots of snow but it is just so stinkin' cold!

LaRose Crew said...

Yay! It's about time you get to experience the snow! And a snow day even. Bring your cloth mittens and come play in our snow mountains!

Salisbury's said...

Mark was saying you guys got snow and I couldn't believe it! I knew you would post pictures. Love Travis's snowman! Awesome, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the snow. I think you got more than we did.

Unknown said...

how fun!!! We actually got snow in Texas last year. It was the first time in about 40 years I guess!

kelly said...

The last comment under Shawn was actually from me...Kelly. :)

Lindsey Lou said...

So true Mere. I'm so ready for the snow to melt and the sun to come out in Rexburg. The weather seems to get crazier. I don't know if I could handle it for another two months.