Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kennedy's Baptism

Travis and Kennedy
Kennedy and a happy mom!
Paige, Clint (he spoke), Kennedy, Travis, Meredith
Salisbury Family 
Party Time! This water was 45 degrees!

Travis's family timed a Disneyland trip around Kennedy's baptism, we feel so lucky to share this with them (well a 1/4th of them).  They made such an effort to be here.  Kennedy was so excited and ready to be baptised.  She wore the same dress Brynn did, then changed into a new white dress that she can wear to remember this day.  It doesn't seem that long ago when I was being guided by my mother to take all these steps, now I am the one guiding.  It's so surreal being on the other side and helping your daughter take her first steps into the font, and handing her off to Travis, I could feel the spirit so strong.  I remember peeking at her while she was being confirmed with the Holy Ghost, her face was so angelic.  That whole day getting ready, and even after being baptised when I was drying her off we kept sing this song together called "What Heaven See's in You".  This song teaches about the three white dresses, their beauty, worth, and is everything I would ever want my daughters to believe.  I have no doubt that at Kennedy's baptism "the Father looked down and the angels surrounded that place".....here is a link that song:


With three daughter's this song always brings tears to my eyes.

14 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

I am so happy for Kennedy! She is such a sweet girl! I just listened to the three dresses song and it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing it!

Leticia said...

This is so sweet..
Taylor is getting Baptized in May...Her b-day is at the end of March, and they do stake baptisms on that last saturday, but some family, and vacations schedules, and Gen. Conference have pushed it back to May...
(Where did you find Kennedy's new whited dress..?? I have to get one for Taylor, but I haven't found one yet..???)
Everyone looked so happy!

QueenScarlett said...

how beautiful... absolutely precious.

Congrats...and more white dresses to come. ;-)

Unknown said...

It makes me happy to see the joy that you - Meredith - has in motherhood and in sharing these special and beautiful moments with your children. I have wonderful memories too!!!
Love, Mom in China

Holli said...

Yeah for Kennedy! I can't believe she is eight! I still remember her crawling around during Sunday School when you firs moved to WG Ward! She looks beautiful. What a special day.

Craig turned 7 today - and reading your post got me so excited for his baptism next year.

Brian and Jennifer said...

Congratulations Kennedy! I'm so, so jealous that my family is there and I'm not. (I'll repent later for my jealousy) You look beautiful in your white dress, Kennedy! I'm so glad it was a nice day for you all.

Karin said...

What an amazing blessing! We have been thinking of you. Thank you for sharing Kennedy's special day. She is such a beautiful young lady! Hugs to all of you!!

Amye Kay said...

Looks like a great weekend Meredith! I love how there is always at least one child crying in a birthday picture. Kennedy is darling and I really love your hair that color. It makes you look younger! I will check out that sight on YouTube!

The McGary's said...

OH what a special day! Happy birthday to you Kennedy, you are such a beautiful girl! I am bummed I didn't get to be there too! Soon, very soon!

Salisbury's said...

We have been thinking and talking about Kennedy's Baptism at our house, it would have been really cool to have been there. CONGRATS! I am glad to see the pool still gets use even in the winter months!

Kristen said...

Kennedy looks so pretty in her white dress. And as I mentioned before I just love the song. I just noticed how your two oldest have their own look and your three youngest look a lot a like. I don't know where that comment came from, but thought it was interesting.

Leticia said...

HI Meredith...
last question..for awhile ...I hope...
Where did you find Kennedy's new white dress....I can't find one yet...Can you give me some stores to check out..??
It's simple and so sweet!!

Travers Tribe said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 8!
What a great day.

Kristi said...

I can't believe you have 2 girls baptized! Wow! You all look so beautiful and what fun to have Travis' family out for a fun visit. You are hilarious and can't wait for Mexi-ho