Sunday, March 20, 2011

Girls Weekend To Seattle

I have never done this.  I have always had a baby with me or multiple kids. A weekend with two of my best friends was so awesome.  I have known Amye since I was 12yrs old when I lived in CA, and Kristen since I was 14yrs old from when I lived in England.  We all roomed together at Ricks College and had some of the best two years ever!  Well we finally arrange a weekend together, although we were missing our 4th roommate Robin, (missed you Robin!!)  As I was in UT I left my kids with my parents and caught a flight out of SLC with Kristen.
We flew to Seattle, stayed the night at Amye's house.....saw her beautiful house, and adorable kids.  She is such a great hostess!  She had packed dinners and homemade cookies waiting for us as we got off the plane!

Leaving 14 kids behind....we were ready to party!

 Eating on top of the Space Needle
This was probably the highlight of the trip for me.  The restaurant rotated around as we ate, loved seeing the city.

 Meredith & Amye on the view deck.
Kristen & Meredith loving Seattle




 The famous Pike's Market

 This is a big long gum wall in an alley of Seattle.  Wish I had gum to add to it!

After seeing Seattle we headed into Bellevue to check into our hotel.  Just for fun I made them all climb in a bed with me to get our "hotel" shot.  No we didn't share a bed


 The next day we shopped, and shopped, and shopped.....we all ended up with matching wardrobes, notice we all have the same bags!  Afterward we went to the movies and then stayed at Jared's cute Grandma's house who lived close to the airport.
 Flying home with Kristen....it was a bit bumpy and I grabbed onto her more than once!

Saying goodbye was sad.  This weekend was a boost for my spirits with all the laughing, remembering all the memories, sharing our struggles, crying with each other, eating good food, and being by each others side. There is nothing like having a true friend who thoroughly knows you for who you are.  The friendship we have shared for over 20+ years are a treasure of memories.  I feel they have help me be who I am today!  Love you girls!

2 comments:

Jen Chesnut said...

Sad I missed seeing you...I was just an hour north! Glad you had fun with the girls.

Amye Kay said...

Loved EVERY minute of it! Thanks for coming, so glad for more memories, see you in September!