Saturday, August 14, 2010

Big Girl Bed

The time has come.......Kamryn slept in her big girl bed for the first time last night. She has been ready since she learned to escape the crib a month ago, but we have had lots of company this summer occupying her room, so I decided to wait till the last of the company came. She was really excited. I put her to bed, and she went down so well. Thinking this was going way too smoothly, I decided I better check on her an hour later.......and found her with her light on playing with all her toys. Hey, at least she stayed in her room. So I put her back again and she stayed this time. As I was getting ready for bed it felt so weird not having a baby in a crib, and knowing all my kids were tucked safe in their beds. I thought that feeling would make me sad, but it actually felt very fulfilling........

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Her room is super cute. She looks so happy in her new bed. I know Emery is ready, just need to find a space for her.

The Browns said...

Where are Grandma and Grandpa going to sleep?????????