Sunday, November 8, 2009

A New Journey.......

Travis, a tithing envelop, and me!

It is official, I am now a Bishop's wife! No worries, it does not mean I will be wearing big blazers and shoulder pads. All joking aside, today was a really wonderful and emotional day. Seeing Travis sustained and sitting on the stand was really touching. Both Travis and I had to go up and share our testimonies. Of course I was already tearful when I walked up to the mic. I said" I don't know if I am more emotional about feeling the spirit, or knowing I will be sitting by myself with five small kids at church for five years!" I know this is where he is suppose to be. He has so much to offer and I cannot keep him to myself anymore. I have all the faith in the world in him.
We decided we better take the pictures at home instead of the church foyer......that would have been a little too obvious.
Travis's parents flew out from Washington to support him on this big day. Thank you Mark and Sherri, that really meant a lot to Travis to have you here!
The night before at Big Cheese Pizza!
Hot tubing was fun. This is when we told the kids about Travis's new calling. They were excited they wouldn't have to walk all the way up to the stage anymore to give their tithing to the bishop! Fun night.

17 comments:

The McGary's said...

I was so excited when I heard this and knew Travis would be great for the position. CONGRATS!! I do have to say my first thought was, oh boy Meredith is going to have "busy" season year round!!:) Our Bishop wife is in the same boat as you are her husband is 31 and she has 5 kids under the age of 8 (but she has tons of family to help her).

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Oh Mer, I am so "happy" for you! I am here for ya, us Bishops wives need to stick together") Call me anytime!

Karin said...

You have an amazing family, and we are so excited for you and your ward. We love you and are praying for you!!!

Brian and Jennifer said...

I didn't surprise me one bit when I heard the good news. How exciting! He'll do great! I'm not sure how I would handle 5 kids myself though. I'm afraid I'd find a young woman to sit with me. We love you.

Amber Horspool said...

I like Jennifer's idea!
Like I said yesterday, I wasn't surprised Travis was called to be our Bishop. I always knew someday he would be:) You guys are an awesome family and we love you!
I'm here for you whenever you need ANYTHING. Please don't ever hesitate to call me.

Josh and Jaime said...

Wow, congrats! I know I havent met your family but I know your all absolutely amazing. =)

Lindsey Lou said...

Congrats Trav! I also sent you an email. I'm glad you guys are doing great! ILU!

Heather Gilbert said...

Congrats! I was excited for your family when I heard the news. I know Travis will be great and you will be a great "Bishops Wife". As long as the big shoulder pads stay out of play. ;o)
Congrats again!

Amye Kay said...

It was only a matter of time Mere! We are still adjusting to the missing dad, but it does get to feel normal. Brayden ran up to the stand this last Sunday for the 1st time, he couldn't stand to be away from Jared anymore! I am excited for you guys and the blessings you will receive! It is worth the sacrifice! The growth is amazing!

Jody said...

I can't wait to hear stories of Travis doing the splits during ward conference and breaking into a dance during tithing settlement. Oh, to be a fly on the wall... :) I think he'll be the most popular Bishop in history.

Good luck picking up the slack in Sacrament Meeting! I can only imagine the scene that take place if it was me in your position.

LaRose Crew said...

Just don't start wearing sneakers with nylons. Trav - way proud of you. Mere - since it will be like tax season all year long, does that mean you'll do more get away single mom road trips??!

Kristi said...

Yowzers! What fabulous?? news! Travis will be the perfect bishop. So kind, social, and flexible:) Meredith, you can do it! I just have 3 all alone on the pews but knowing dad is watching them keeps them in line. Good luck and congrats!!

Danielle said...

Aaron told me the news earlier this week, and I've been so excited for you guys! Travis will be a wonderful bishop and you will be a perfect bishop's wife. Congrats to both of you!

family said...

We are so honored to have Travis as our New Bishop and so thankful you are willing to share him with our Ward. He is going to do amazing things I know! We love you both for your sacrifice and service! You truly are one amazing family and we love you!

marshallfamilyhappenings said...

He'll be AMAZING- read my lips

Lisa R said...

Congrats and condolences! Wow!

Kristen said...

Wow, he will be amazing. By the way I love your hair, super cute.