Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Answer to Prayer

For those who know me, know I really took serious my job as a mother and how many kids I should have. I have always wanted five kids, and never felt as passionate towards any other number. After I had Kamryn I never had the big dream telling me I was done, but I had a few little promptings letting me know my family was here: One Sunday evening I was cleaning up the kitchen, and all the kids were really excited to watch a movie. They had to get the upstairs clean before they could put it on. I could hear them all working together and then this feeling came over me that all my kids were here. That moment brought tears to my eyes.

A couple years before the I was stressing about how many kids I should have and it was in church during a sacrament primary program. We were singing the song "Dearest Children", and the line said "dearest children, holy angels.." and the spirit said to me "take care of the ones (kids) you have now and I will take care of the rest". I never forgot those comforting words.

I had had those small confirmations, but not a solid one. The night Travis got called as Bishop to our ward, it all came together and made sense. I knew I was done. I was done and my family was here. On the Sunday Travis was to be called as Bishop we sang "Dearest Children" and I just smiled. I knew Heavenly Father was thinking about me and letting me know my feeling was right! I love answers to prayers and when it finally comes, how it ALL makes sense and falls into place.

No comments: