Sunday, April 26, 2009

It Happened!

Today it actually happened, we left one of our kids at church!  We were about 2/3's of the way home till Travis looked back and asked "Where's Drew?". How could the whole family be sitting right around this empty car seat and no one notice?   You always hear of those stories, and now I am in that category: forgetting my child.

Where is Drew?
This is Drew's pose he does when he thinks he is "cute".

How could we forget this little guy?  When we got back to the church, he was with some ladies in my ward.  They were holding onto him knowing we would realize sometime soon.  Thanks Erinn, Amy, and Tricia.  He didn't seem to know that church was over, so I guess no damage done.  That's what happens when you come from a family of five kids!

13 comments:

The McGary's said...

That is funny! Hunter would get left every week if he had anything to do with it. He throws the biggest fit when I make him leave nursery! What is that saying about me as his Mother? I guess I am just no fun!

♥Mommy Of 2♥ said...

Oh gosh! I almost did that with only 2 kids! It is always so crazy at the end of church.

folsom3rdRS said...

That is too funny! Good thing it was at church and not somewhere else! He wont ever remember it but will probably hold it over your heads when he is older :)

Danielle said...

That's hilarious Meredith!

I'm just waiting for that to happen to me. Yikes!!

Kristen said...

That is too funny!!!

Brian and Jennifer said...

Love it! When I had number 4 I was always so scared I was going to forget one of my kids. I'm sure my day is awaiting! That is too funny!

Kristen said...

It was going to happen sooner or later. Have had a couple of those already. It's just good it happen to the one that wouldn't be scarred by the whole episode. Camden is the one that would never get over it. Drew is such a cutie.
Remember how Drew was Dave's friend and then the day we went to the beach he asked Dave why he was following him.

Karin said...

Drew is such a cutie!! :) So glad that all is well. I feel like I am constantly counting...1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. :) Hugs!!

Unknown said...

You are now an official Mormon Family!

Amye Kay said...

UM that is hilarious! I know we left Heidi the dog at the cabin once and drove a good half hour before realized!

Kristi said...

Hilarious! Way to go. Think I'll call DCFS on you now:) I'll have to tell you about the time Jason left Hailey in the car alone-I was out of town so it wasn't MY fault!!

Trent said...

Was Travis driving really fast to get home after church and looking in the rear view mirror intensely?

family said...

Oh he was so cute!!!! He didn't even realize you forgot him until you told him. He just thought he was waiting for you!!!!!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!