Sunday, February 2, 2014

Brynn's Patriachal Blessing

Brynn with Patriarch Morgan
This was such a special day.  Brynn getting her blessing was such a neat experience.  When we called and set her appointment the Patriarch asked how old she was and we said 14 1/2yrs.  He said that is the perfect age.  These kids need these blessings as guidance through their high school years.  After hearing it, I know he was right!  As a parent it gives you so much HOPE for your child, and I have seen a strength in Brynn ever since receiving this.  This was the first time I experienced this from the parent side of things.  I was able to see Brynn for a moment as a mature spirit, and all her potential.  I was able to see that she is my equal, not under me.  Her blessing was so beautiful, promises that any parent could hope for their daughter.  It gave me such a reverent respect for the spirit she is and the amazing person and mother she will become.

No comments: