Saturday, November 30, 2013

Drew's Baptism

 We had a very special day baptizing Drew.  Travis parents and 3 brothers were here for it.  Kennedy (When I Am Baptized) and Brynn (I Am a Child of God) both played one of the songs for the program.  Me, Brynn, Kennedy, and Sherri sang a musical number "If the Savior Stood Beside Me".  His Uncle Chandler gave a nice talk on Baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was really special seeing Drew walk into the water with his dad.  Drew said the water was cold.  One of the sweetest things I saw that day that I will never forget was when Drew was getting the Holy Ghost, I looked at Drew during it and he has the most peaceful face but tears were falling down his cheeks.  He wiped the first one and then let the others just fall.  Right then my eyes really saw Drew and the power of his little spirit.  Travis gave a beautiful blessing, and said he could feel Drew's spirit during the blessing.  He said "I felt small giving him that blessing".  I later asked Drew why he was crying and he said because he was so happy.  So amazing.  Mark mentioned during the musical number he could hear 5 voices, the other sound like Drew's Great Grandma Cook.  He choked up when he said this, but was later confirmed by our neighbor who was there.  She said she thought she could feel the presence of something more powerful than her while Drew was getting baptized in the font.  It was a spirit I can describe unless you were there that day, one I will never forget.


 Grandma & Grandpa Salisbury

 Drew with Grandma & Grandpa and 3 of his Uncles
 Dad & Drew
 Drew & Mom

 Brothers
 Drew's sign-in table
Evan Meador, Cameron Meador, Jason Klatt, Spencer Klatt, Quinn Meador, Kole Harris
Drew has friends of all ages.  These are some of his teenager friends in the ward that came to support him.  So sweet!
Drew's after party celebration! 
We are so happy for all those who came to support Drew, especially Mark & Sherri coming all the way from Washington to be here and bond our family time even more!
I have been laughing because Drew has been trying so hard not to sin, and Luke has been trying so hard to count all of Drew sins these couple days, and making sure Drew knows about them! Haha!

1 comment:

The McGary's said...

What an awesome day! I wish I could've been there to feel that spirit. You have a beautiful family!