Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a great Mother's Day.......Travis was able to cut out most of his meetings and be around to pamper me. The kids were so excited to get up and sing to me in church today. All the talks/lessons made me cry. Brynn got tired of me asking her to fix my eye make-up.

I love being a Mother, it is my identity, it is why I am here. Heavenly Father blessed me and entrust me to guide these children back to him. I feel like the luckiest lady in the world right now, 5 kids and an incredibly valiant man by my side! There is truly nothing else I need.
The noblest calling in the world is that of mother. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after paintings shall have faded, and books and statues shall have been destroyed,deserves the highest honor that man can give."

- David 0. McKay


Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

2 comments:

Karin said...

Happy Mother's Day, Meredith!!! Hope you've had a wonderful day!!! :)

The McGary's said...

Mere, I totally forgot your blog was private and have missed out on a bunch of posts. Your family is still beautiful so that hasn't changed on me:) SOOO happy for you that busy season is over, happy dance!!! love the crazy hair day and the solar cooking, love it all! Tell Travis Washington is very nice in the summer and needs a visit from a very cute family with 5 adorable children:)