Saturday, September 14, 2013

Brynn's Strength


One night Brynn came home from her second church dance.  I was up waiting for her.  She was in tears, like sobbing, because she didn't get asked to dance that night by any boys.  I was so sad for her, but only spoke words of encouragement.  I didn't want her to see my tears for her because I didn't want her to think boys are worth crying over.  Yet, I was so sad for her to have to feel that pain.  So after I tried giving the best uplifting advice I could, I kissed her good night and went to bed. 

 I started crying in bed for her, and Travis woke up and asked what was wrong.  I told him what had happened to Brynn.  He got out of bed to go look for her.  He found her in the hall laying on the ground sobbing while reading her scriptures.  He was so impressed that a 14yr old would turn to the scriptures to try and find comfort.  He told her that the only slow dance that happens in the one after the Temple, and that one day those boys will look back at her and not know why they didn't give her a chance that night.  Then he turned on the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri and slow danced with her.  He wasn't going to let he go to sleep that night with out a slow dance.  Such a touching moment, for Brynn and her dad to share.  Hopefully this experience made Brynn a stronger young lady and that she will know that if any boy saw her worth the way we do, they would be lining up to dance with her.  Love you Brynn!

No comments: