Monday, March 1, 2010

Money Jar

My parents came into town to help my brother Clint. He just had a little baby that was in the NICU for almost 2 weeks! While they were here they brought down the "money jar". It's a birthday tradition that they do for the grand kids. When it is their birthday a grand kid gets a one time chance to grab as much change out in one shot. Kennedy got $9, and Luke got $5 they were so excited to load their wallets with TONS of coins. It was such a fun week seeing them around town!

5 comments:

Leticia said...

I love it! YOU have such fun parents! I hope sterling is doing better!
Gotta steal the money idea...CLASSIC!!!

Amye Kay said...

Love seeing your parents. I need to call you and check in how Clint's baby is doing. I LOVE the money jar idea. But what happens if you don't see Grandma on your birthday.

The McGary's said...

Chad's Grandparents do that and I have gotten a good chunk of change before:) Tell your kids happy birthday for us.

Jeff and Aimee said...

My mom does the "money jar" thing, too. She always stocks it with lots of quarters, too, 'cause she knows the kids prefer those to pennies (obviously!). She says she got the idea from a tv show she saw when she was a kid back in the fifties. Maybe your parents saw the same show. I miss you at the gym. :)

Tami said...

Oo! Great tradition! I think us Horspool's should do a money jar. Cool... thanks for sharing!